While that was going on, I went through the various assignments that had been turned in. Some of them were pretty amazing.
One of the optional assignments was to create tourist brochures for each of the planets giving reasons why tourists should visit.
These includes some gems:
- If you're not a fan of the sun, Neptune is the furthest from it!
- If you're into being cold then grab a coat and come up!
- No living things at all so you can feel safe knowing you're alone.
- We provide oxygen tanks for the first 14 visitors!
- We have 63 moons! (Nothing more romantic!)
When I wasn't grading, I was dancing and lip syncing to songs on the Duran Duran station on Pandora.
Apparently, my skills were on point because I received a letter!
He then sent me a message over our learning management system that simply said "YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT!"
I may not be the greatest teacher in the world (I know for a fact that I'm not) but I work to build relationships with my students.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a track to cut.