The PLN Challenge:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger – @whsrowe,
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers for the Challenge
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let the bloggers know they have been nominated.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I have two daughters
- They annoy me most when they are acting like me
- I almost quit teaching at the end of last year
- The only sport I care about is roller derby
- I love to read, but not when I am forced to
- I used to have two cats, but I replaced them with children
- I don't mind long drives, but I prefer to do them alone
- I am a hardcore Whovian
- I want to ride a dragon, even though I'm afraid of heights
- I have been to Iceland
- I love video games like EverQuest and World of Warcraft, but I hate playing with other people.
My Turn to Nominate:
I'm not going to nominate anyone because I hate chain letters, but I would be very interested in anyone who wants to answer
Here are your 11 questions:
- If you weren’t in education, what would you do instead?
- Ideally, I would be a writer, but in reality, I'd probably be in sales...
- Who is your favorite actor of all time?
- Either John Cusack or Kevin Spacey
- If you could go to have attended any famous speech anytime in history, what would it have been?
- The Sermon on the Mount to what all the fuss is about.
- What do you do to relax? De-stress?
- Video games (something violent) or books (something magical)
- If you could invite anyone to dinner who would you invite and why?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson. The man is a visionary and a pioneer of science education. He makes complex concepts accessible and interesting to people from all walks of life and level of education. He is brilliant and fun and a snazzy dresser!
- Would you prefer to visit a Zoo or Aquarium and why?
- I love both of them in theory, but in reality, I don't like either. I have an irrational fear over large sea creatures, whales in particular. Zoos are always too crowded with families with small children. I only really like my own.
- Favorite twitter chat?
- #MSMathChat and #NTChat are the two best ones. I keep wanting to be a part of #SBGChat, but it moves so quickly that I have trouble keeping up.
- What is one thing you tried last year that you learned about from your PLN?
- My PLN has helped me to drastically change my attitude about teaching and my role in the classroom. I used to be very much old school, feeling that students should just come in and do what I ask them to do, no matter how boring it may be. I am a completely different teacher this year as a direct result of my PLN.
- Best place to be quiet and reflect?
- My car on my way in to work. I need my morning commute (45 minutes) to gather my thoughts and re-align myself for the day.
- Favorite book of your life?
- Impossible to answer. I love Dune, anything by Heinlein (Stranger in a Strange Land, Tunnel in the Sky, Farmer in the Sky, etc.) almost anything by Jeffrey Archer and I find new books every month that I love with all of my heart.
- What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of?
- No idea. When I asked my wife about this, she reminded me that if I am even mildly proud of something, I shout it from the rooftops. I am, however, quite proud of some of the relationships I have built with some of my students.
My 11 Questions for YOU!
- Why did you pick your current content area?
- If you could pick any other content area, what would you pick and why?
- What is one thing that you would like to become expert in doing?
- If you won $100,000,000, what would you spend it on?
- If you could have one piece of tech that doesn't currently exist, what would it be and why?
- What is you favorite lesson that you have taught/seen?
- If you could fight one historical figure, who would you fight?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail? (2 things only)
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What makes your favorite book your favorite?
- If you could change one physical characteristic about yourself, what would it be?